Food. Not A Problem Solver

anthony - wood river, Illinois

I believe that food is a privilege. People need to concentrate more on the nutritional value of food rather than how good it tastes. People need to quit being selfish and realize that you should never eat for fun. People should eat to satisfy their daily nutrition values. I also believe in maintaining my body by making sure it gets all the proper nourishments, and by eating minimal amounts of foods, and healthy foods. I understand that people NEED to eat. I really hate to eat but I force myself to eat even when I am not starving. In those cases I just eat very little. I believe that everyone should eat carbohydrates and at even though they are unhealthy; they are healthy for you all the same. Every person’s body has different needs. Some people need to eat a lot of carbohydrates because they are highly active and their bodies need lots of energy. Some people’ body needs lots of protein to help their bones get stronger. Other people just need to eat.

I have been a pretty big guy all of my life. I have always been jealous of smaller people, but I have never done anything about it. I have always wanted to be small, but I have never cared that much. I am honestly sick and tired f being as big as I am. I know I’m not as big as most the people in my family, but I still see myself as overweight. For once in my life I would actually like to be average size. I actually care about being too big for comfort. I need to be healthy, and right now I eat too much junk food and I overindulge quite frequently.

I have noticed that there are lots of people in this world who eat as a habit. Some people eat when they are bored. Some people eat when they are nervous. Some people don’t even notice they are eating. I used to share those problems, ut now I actually consider what the meals I eat are going to do to my body. I actually ask myself; do I really need this? Most of the time it’s not. So I either force myself to put it away, or I eat very small portions of it.

When I eat I think of it as a burden, I hate eating. Every bite I eat I dread. When I was younger I ate for he taste. I used to love McDonalds. Now however I only eat there when I have to. It is much easier just to drive through ad pick up something n my way home, but I would much rather go home and eat something I can see the nutrition facts for. I believe that people who eat too much just don’t realize what they are doing to their bodies. People need to think about what they are doing before they do it. If everyone takes care of their bodies, then it will set a good example for our children to do the same. It is no hard to eat right, people just need to put a higher value on their own bodies.