A second time

Elliott - Flint, Michigan

A Second Time around

Is there such thing as second chances? For the people who mess up do they get to do it again? Second chances are very rare but they do happen and for those who get them it is a big reprieve, it allows you to ether try and make up for the mistake you’ve made or change what you did. I feel this way because when I was around 14 I got me a second chance. I messed up in school. I got in to fights I stopped showing up. And then my second chance came where I got to change school and got a fresh start and I said I wasn’t going to do the same thing.

I believe that everyone get a second chance. That being said I would like to tell you why. I was born and raised in Flint, MI if no one knows about this city I read an article that stated that,” Flint MI would be ranked number 7 on the worst cities to live in the US. “That being said when I was in the seventh grade I made a very ignorant decision where I bought some stolen items from a guy that I knew. Later on that week I went and sold them to other people that I knew and got caught doing that. At the school that I was currently at was not allow to be selling thing on campus at all. And when I had got caught doing that I was suspended without knowing why I ask. And the principle just stated that I had stolen the items was flabbergasted. What me stealing I would never, went through my head really quickly. After all the drama had settle down I later on that school year changed school and had a whole new start

It was cool until I took advantage of being at a new school I started playing around in school I never really did any homework in my life but on my second chance at a new school I should have been doing my homework but I was having fun up until I was ready to graduate. At the being of my senior year I was missing 3 credits so I had to take seven classes that year and then two night class. The most stress for load because I was already having trouble with the regular six credit class. So when I finally passed and got ready to graduate I was excited that I had got to get another second chance.

Being from flint I realized that no matter what school you went to most thing was the same and once I realized I went back to my old way not going to classes and skipping school. I was hung out with the wrong group of people the drug dealers. I was about to get back to the streets and do whatever I had to do to keep money in my pockets. Until I had a teacher who realized that I could be better than that. so before I got out of hand she spoke with my mom and dad and told them what was happen in school that I was missing class but she would allow me to turn in an late work. When on her door it says’s “no late work,” but she saw something in me. And when I realized that I had people who believe in me I straight it took a while but I did it.

Even to this day when I get the chance I go up to the school and I go just to see her. she wasn’t the only teacher to believe in me I had other teacher to guide me along the way of high school some teacher I didn’t even had but they would still be there for me if I needed something.

When I messed in school and started to get to fights. I said that if I got a second chance at school I would not go that way ever again it was a tough road to go down also it didn’t make school any easier that I rather be roaming around flint. But I still got done what needed to be done.