Full Filling My Parent’s Wishes

Lilia - Casa Grande AZ 85222, Arizona

It was May 23, 2008 in which about three-hundred students a waited for their diploma, including me. Although that the evening was somewhat unpleasant because of the rain that was falling. All of us were excited because finally we would receive for what we worked for twelve years.

As all of us, the students waited for the ceremony to begin my fellow graduates started to take out of their gowns what looked like some kind of plastic. After stretching it out it was a beach ball, a figure of a young woman, and a little cow. Once the ceremony started the beach figures did too, they were being thrown around for all the students to hit them. It made our graduation ceremony more interesting, than what some would say boring.

The ceremony was short because of the unexpected rain that was falling over the gym in which we were all in. The last words that came from our principle, Mr. Greer were “Congratulations Class of 2008!” As those unforgettable words were said, us the graduates and as well as the audience stood up and cheered. We threw our hats to symbolize our achievements and as well as that we have made it through our high school years.

As I walked to my parents and family they were proud of me to accomplish the first step of my future. All I have accomplished is for my parents to see and to be proud of me. They have taught me to go through the right path and not to be tempted to go through the wrong one. My siblings and I are the only ones that will make our parents proud, so we shall do as they wish.

I believe in full filling my parent’s wishes and to make them proud, that all the long years that they nurtured me has paid off and with my high school diploma I have secured my future. With it I have bought the ticket to my journey which begins when I chose to. With my parents and family to support me I have no doubt that I shall succeed now and in the future.

The path of success is full of hardships and that is true. Never the less, I understand that those are the fundamentals of true success with determination and proper self discipline. I am ready to face what the world throws at me as I wish to be not a common worker with a common job. I want to be a person who leaves there mark and with my hard work has in a way bettered the lives of others and not just others, but mankind. Also, when news of my success spreads I want my parents to be the first to know that the hardships that they faced to provide me, my education weren’t a waste of time or effort.

Therefore I am thankful to them, for what they did for me and that without them I would’ve never have learned the materials necessary to thrive in the world of today and for that I do not have the words to express my great appreciation towards them and what they did for me to succeed. With my high diploma held firm in my hands, I am ready to face the great oppressions that will try to hold me back but I am ready to face those great oppressors and to do what’s necessary to succeed. As I know that that’s my destiny and I plan to full fill it.

Although my parents have a lot of influence in my education and what I have done is most meaningful for them; I have as well done it for myself. I know if I prepare myself for the upcoming obstacles I will overcome them. My expectations for myself are high and with my parents supporting me are and will become higher. Now that I have in my hands my high school diploma I now seek for my college degree that I will also work hard for it and will obtain it within three years.

Now that I am in college it reminds me of my high school years, walking down the campus, talking to classmates and close friends. Girls gossiping and guys chatting about sports and as well as some day I will graduate from Central Arizona College with a degree like I did in high school. Once again I will make my parents proud and will hear them tell my family how proud of me they are because I have accomplished and full filled the second dream of our family. Hopefully that day it won’t be raining like in my graduation from high school.