A Baby Can’t Keep Us Together

ANNA - Casa Grande, Arizona
Themes: family, setbacks

A Baby Can’t Keep Us Together

I asked myself “Is it called child abuse when the baby is still in wound?” I always had that question in the back of my head. When the father of my child used to put his hands on me in very abusive ways. Tell this day I ask myself what would of had happened if I stayed in the relationship.

I knew a baby couldn’t keep us together anymore. Even though we’re going to have a child together. It got to the point were I forced myself to stay with the father of my child. So my little girl wouldn’t grow up in a broken family. Then at the same time this man was abusive to me. So in my point of view there was no way in hell I was going stay in that relationship. Even if I didn’t want my baby to grow up in a broken I had to do what was best for me and her.

There is not a moment where I forgot all the things he done to me. Expect for one that I can just erase from my life. I was about nine months pregnant with my little girl. I was getting ready to go to bed for the night, and course here comes the father of my child following me to the room. Well I went go and lay and get comfortable, but I couldn’t because he wanted too lie down to. When used sleep in the same bed together he always made me lay by the wall, and image pregnant women lain by the wall. Well I got feed of being uncomfortable so I pushed him over. All of sudden he hit me in my stomach where I was carrying are little one. I thinking to myself he didn’t just hit me, he hit his daughter to. At this point of time I’m in complete shock. I go to get off the bed, and he pulls me back by shirt. Then had to make the right choice and play it off and go to bed. Therefore I know he will be going to work in the morning, and it that give me time to get my things and leave with out a fight, or getting hit again.

Know I can look back at my past and say you made the right choice. And it’s not all about holding a family together that can’t work no matter if a child links to different people together. I don’t even ask myself anymore about the what ifs between us, because there is no us, only are daughter.