This I believe

Nikko - Beaverton, Oregon

There are many mistakes people make from day to day in our everyday lives. Some bigger than others, but there’s always one that mistake that sticks with you and you think about every day and night. I believe if you make a mistake you can fix it and learn from it.

Sophomore year in high school it started out rough and I slowly slipped out of the high school mode. I started not doing my homework, Skipping my classes, and failing almost every class. About that time I was hearing about people getting there G.E.D and from what I heard it sounded perfect and it would end high school. After hearing how great it was I deiced to drop out of high school to go get my G.E.D. I thought getting my G.E.D was going to be great, Though it was any thing but that. I thought I was going to be able to sit at home all day and be lazy, play video games, and sleep until I didn’t want t sleep anymore. Though it turned out to be anything but that. Soon I couldn’t sleep because I couldn’t stop thinking weather or not I had made the right choice and what had I done to my life ahead of me. There were no friends to hang out with, my mom was at work most of the days and I was alone almost all the time. The high school dream of staying at home all day and doing nothing and how great it would be turned out to be the worst thing ever. About the time summer came along I finally got to see my friends but they weren’t the same I had missed it all, all of those funny things that happened at school and it was like I was the new kid at school I didn’t know anyone or anything, I was alone. Around Mid Summer I finally decided I wanted to go back to school and get my diploma.

Everyone told me that it was going to be a near impossible task to make up for a missed year of high school. But I am now I am in my senior year of high school and doing better than I have ever done in high school. I’m on my way to graduating with my Class of 2009. It has been tough to do but I have done it and I have proven all those people wrong that its not Impossible to do. Even my old teacher’s say it is amazing how much I have changed since dropping out. This I believe Never think you cant fix you mistakes because you can and you will learn from it.