Kelsi - Portland, Oregon

I believe in believing in yourself and loving yourself for who you are.

I care more about what I think about myself then what others think about me. This way I have more self esteem and more confidence in myself. If I always care more about other’s thoughts and what they think I’m doing wrong then I’ll never get anywhere in life. Instead of doing what I want to do, I’ll be more focused on trying to make myself seem better in their eyes than my own.

When I was younger I used to cry a lot because some people were mean to me. I used to get so upset that they didn’t like me and didn’t want to be friends with me that I thought something was wrong with me. Why don’t they want to be with me? What am I doing wrong? Do I not look good enough to be friends with them? Instead of focusing on the things I liked about myself, I focused on all the things I thought were wrong and tried to make myself more how other people wanted to see me. It ended up getting me no where.

Because I was always thinking about what other people thought about me I couldn’t be very confident and I couldn’t really just be myself. Now instead of always worrying about what others think of me I try to change the things I don’t like about myself for me and no one else. I’m more confident and I don’t really care what others think of me. If they don’t like how I am that’s their problem and they can deal with it. I like myself and that’s all that matters.

If I had kept on trying to make myself better for the wrong reasons I probably wouldn’t be like I am today, not caring what others think about me. I can look how I want to look and not care if others like it. I love myself for who I am and I believe I can do anything I want even if others don’t think I can. If I believe in myself and love myself I think that anything is possible. It may not be easy and others may not have a lot of faith in me but I think I can do it and that’s enough for me. I believe in believing in myself and loving myself for who I am.