Love Is A Game

Charles - Hartford, Illinois
Themes: love

“Love is a game that two can play and both win by losing their heart” Eva Gabor once said. I believe in this line, for it symbolizes that you must lose something in order to gain so much more. Love is so powerful; no one understands its limits on how far someone will go for love. Anyone can fall in love or feel loved. It is as if love is a phenomenon and no one can explain why they are able to love. If you are loved or you love someone, you don’t know when you can. The only chance of finally knowing is after you can love that person.

My girlfriend and I went through a tough time. Everyone talked and tried to make both of us feel bad. My mother would tell everyone, every little thing that I would have told her in confidence. Her uncle would just make fun of us when the other half wasn’t there. I went away to Boys State, a program to educate the young mind of today’s society, and my mom, her uncle, and my uncle talked to her saying I was cheating on her with college girls. When I came back and heard about it, I did my best to explain and she understood. There were no girls at Boys State; it’s called Boys State for a reason. During the next week she went to a ROTC field trip for a week at Scott Air Force Base and they teased me. Saying how I went to an all boys thing and she is at a place with girls and boys. It tore me up until I found out that she didn’t like talking to anyone there. None of our family members thought we would make it. Some thought we would last two weeks, and others thought we would last six weeks. We have proved them wrong, lasting over many months, more than the time they thought we would last. I loved her so much after all that we had been through, I couldn’t be without her anymore; I had to be by her side all the time.

To me love can get through anything, no one can stop it and no one can post pone it. Either you love someone or you don’t. It’s a good unexplained phenomenon though. You feel so happy knowing that you care about someone that means the world to you. If they love you back it is an even greater feeling, and you can spend the rest of your life with that one person. It’s a dream that can come true.

However, there are eclectic ways to show love. That love is loving a parent, sibling, or other family members. You were born with that kind of love; another is loving an item or pet. You care about that item or pet so much that you love them.