The Invisible Magician in the Sky

Jason - East Alton, Illinois

I don’t really know much of what I believe, and for me it is especially hard to believe in an invisible being that has magically been around forever. It just doesn’t make sense. It cannot have been around forever, it would have to have been created by something, but no one explains where it or “God” came from.

An omnipresent all-powerful being that no one can prove exists created everything in a few days. All the proof that people have of any of this happening are in books. These books are just elaborate stories that tell us what we should think and believe in. I read books all the time, but I don’t believe that there are monsters everywhere and that people can shoot magic out of their hands.

I don’t care much for religion, but I like how some religions keep people from hurting themselves and others. I doubt that you will be granted a fluffy chair of clouds in the sky after you die, but at least it can keep people at bay.

Also, most religions forget to mention that there were giant lizards roaming around millions of years ago, but I doubt that people even knew about fossils when most of the holy books were written. Oh well, dinosaurs weren’t important to the history of the world.

People say that god will get you if you do wrong. Well, people get away with murder, rape, and more all the time. They might be haunted by their thoughts, but no invisible force will affect them in any way. Some people will just put it behind them and probably not think about it again. If they get caught, it’s not god that caught them, they’ve been caught by the police, because they left too much evidence.

It just doesn’t seem plausible that there is an invisible man in the sky. If there was a god, why does he slack and let all of these bad things happen to good people? I just find it hard to believe that God pulled the universe out of his magic hat.