Enjoying Life

Monica - Mitchellville, Iowa
Themes: carpe diem

Enjoying Life

I had the opportunity it travel to Virginia this past summer. While I was there I hiked in the mountains, swam in the ocean, and even parasailed 1,000 feet in the air. It was breathtaking to be able to take in the sights. It was a time to simply relax and free my mind of everything. I realized that these things were so amazing and so wonderful.

I believe people get too wrapped up in daily tasks that they forget too see life around them. We all need to remember that “life is not measured by the breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away.” These moments may be in: taking time to watch a child play, to watch a brilliant orange sunset, or see the snow falling on trees. Some of the smallest things that happen are the ones that have the biggest impact and bring joy to you or even others. The moments people choose to enjoy are the ones that people will remember for their whole life.

When people go through life without enjoying the moments, they may become stressed. They also miss out on many great opportunities that the world has to offer. Life is too short to worry about what is going on live on the edge and make every moment count.

The world is a fantastic place, which we have to explore. We need to travel farther then our own backyard. Traveling to new places gives people the opportunity to also meet new people and learn about different cultures. I believe that people should take time to enjoy the simple things. Everything in life should be remembered.