Immigration Station

Kelby - pleasant hill, Iowa

Kelby Von Hemel

Comp II

I believe essay

Mrs. Dietzel

Immigration Station

Not very many people want high school students to drop out of school right? Well by people wanting all the illegal’s gone then they would be forcing me to drop out of school to take care of horses for my dad. Because of that I believe that everybody should give a chance to these immigrants, and that everyone needs to see or experience some of the jobs that these immigrant workers go to every day in our country.

There are so many nasty, gross, and undesirable jobs that need to be done, and Americans will simply not do them because they are too lazy. Some of the jobs are taking care of horses every day at five in the morning, picking strawberries in fields for 10 hours every day no matter what the weather is like, and working long hours in a smelly meat packing plant. There are approximately twenty million illegal immigrants, and more than seventy five percent of the illegal immigrants have jobs. The other twenty five percent are either kids or one of the parents caring for the kids.

My personal experience with Mexican immigrants has been positive. I have worked with them since the summer of 1996. They always take pride in their work by showing up on time. They are respectful by following directions without complaining or showing attitude. They get their work done everyday, they are very responsible, and always on task.

I believe that the immigrants have proved they are worthy to stay in this country and work. Also people should give them a chance they are all very nice people. The only reason they come to the United States is to get a better for the rest of their family because their country does not offer a good lifestyle.