It aint over ’till it’s over

Tyler - Altoona, Iowa
Themes: setbacks

It aint over ‘till it’s over

Have you ever been on a team, or had a team, that when they get down, just give up? Have you ever had a bad day and just felt sorry for yourself the rest of the night? Well, things in life get tough, and the worst thing possible to do is give up. In situations like these, a positive attitude is required; you have to keep fighting until the battle is won. I believe “it aint over ‘till it’s over.”

In the 1973 National League pennant race, manager Yogi Berra and his New York Mets were losing. They were getting ready to throw in the towel and give up. Berra was angry and tired of the way they were acting and told them, “It aint over ‘till it’s over.” He is the one who sparked the team and told them not to give up. I believe more people like Yogi are needed to help people whether it be in sports, school, or most important of all, life.

Life gets rough; I know this from past experience. Losing my dad was probably the worst thing that could happen to my brother and me. It was a terrible experience, but there were so many people there for me and my entire family that it was not as hard to deal with losing him. Sometimes people don’t realize how many people are there for them, and they need to, because going into depression, or getting into drugs, even suicide, is not what you want to do. There is a much better way than doing any of those, and all

you have to do is realize that there is always someone there for you, no matter what has happened. Life aint over ‘till that final breath is taken, you have to keep fighting and win life’s battles. You will be thrown curveballs at some point in your life, and you have to be able to adjust to those. Just like in sports throwing in the towel is the worst thing possible. Life is short, but don’t make it too short, because there are a lot of people that care about you and love you.

“It aint over ‘till it’s over.” This is by far one of my favorite quotes used, because it is absolutely 100% true. If your team is down and everyone thinks they’re going to lose, encourage them, tell them, “It aint over ‘till it’s over.” If someone you know is having a hard time with the loss of someone or just isn’t having a good day, go be with them, tell them that tomorrow is another day, and things will get better. Let them know “It aint over ‘till it’s over.”