The death of democracy

Thomas - USA

I believe democracy in the United States is dead.

Our system of government has become so perverse and full of lies and deceit that the truth has become lost. I was an idealist. I was an American. Now, now, I don’t know who I am anymore. But I do know that true democracy in America is dead. When private citizens control the government and use it for private gain then it ceases to function as an extension of public interest.

I just watched Aaron Rogers documentary entitled, “America: Freedom to Fascism” and it wrecked my mind. Everything I believed as been challenged. I am not a conservative. However, I am not a radical liberal either. But I do have questions and skepticisms about the United States government, and unfortunately my skepticisms were proven all too true in Roger’s documentary.

You see, in 1913, the Federal Reserve was founded by three men, all bankers. John D. Rockerfeller, J.P Morgan and Thomas Ward. These men crafted a private bank to act as the national bank of the government. But they weren’t just architects. No, these men were founders of the largest private bank in the country. One that can print money and tax ours.

The Federal Reserve founded the IRS and subsequently the Federal Income tax. This is not a legal tax. Although they claim it is as established by the 16th Amendment it is not. This has repeatedly been shown in numerous Supreme Court Cases since 1913. The Supreme Court has ruled it unconstitutional to tax Americans for “labor and private gains.”

Some people have argued that the taxes are needed for national welfare. Bullshit. There is no such thing. All war efforts can be paid with the corporate income taxes. Highway and interstate maintenance are paid with the 42-cent gas tax. And all other health, education, and social welfare are paid with local state taxes. So, why do we pay the federal government?

I believe democracy is dead, Americans complacent, and the voting system completely corrupt. We as a people have been misled and we have allowed ourselves to be. The media is full of lies and deceit, few politicians in the Capitol represent constituents in a truly beneficial manner, and the Federal Reserve, a private bank with private owners, controls the national interest rate, loans, and almost all other financial institutions in this country.

The president is a puppet, Congress is paid for, and the Americans don’t know the truth. I would love to believe in a successful revolution with peaceful demonstrations. But that aspect of our civil liberties to peaceably assemble is often taken away. Is there hope for Americans’ civil liberties? Not with the Bush Docrtrine, not with Patriot Act, and certainly not with the Federal Reserve. Democracy and civil liberties have been quietly escorted out the back door. All that was hoped for and fought for by our founding fathers has been pissed away along with our civil liberties. Democracy as established in 1776 is dead.