Education For Our Generation

Myfit - Graham, North Carolina

IBelieveThat…….

I believe that our generation should all be focusing on making their lives better by getting an education instead of doing these gangs and things that can really cause problems for people around you. Is being “HARD” really worth losing your life or taking the life of someone’s child no I think it’s time to put down the guns and rags then pick up books and pens and get educated. I believe we should turn that around and make our parents proud and make something of ourselves instead of earning street credit earn an A in math class.

In my days growing up in New Jersey my friends around me were being pulled into the gang life. At times I thought there was no way of getting out of it, but then I got into playing sports and doing good in school. I don’t believe anything that I would’ve learned while being a gang would ever amount to anything I learned from the teachers at school. Having friends close to you being killed for no reason makes you wonder about life and how you should live it. I decided to stay in school play sports so that I could become something that didn’t run my life and would cause me to put my life and future on the line every day. I beat the system with odds against me and with the help of staying in school.

I believe that our young and misunderstanding generation is on the wrong path to a never ending violence and disappointment for them. I think we should try and do more to make sure that they understand how important it is that kids stay in school and try to achieve the highest possible state on which we can obtain through an education. Trade the guns and drugs in for books and pens because it’s the way to go now that everything is related to the education that you have so it’s only right and the smart thing to do is go for an education.