Is there true love for everyone?

CJ - Cullowhee, North Carolina
Themes: love

It is said that there is someone out in the world for everyone. Is this true or the ramblings of people who wish to make others without anyone to love seem inferior to some extent? Can this statement be tested in any way? In my opinion, there is someone out in this vast world for everyone. There are only two problems that come with it being the entire world. There is the situation that there is a good possibility that the two people will never meet in their lifetime as well as that they may find the wrong person.

In our society, there is a common thought, or rather a misconception, that in order to have anyone worth-while, you have to be a “good looking person.” I personally don’t buy that because there are some of my friends that are not the best looking people that are very happy with their boyfriends, girlfriends, wives, or husbands. In my case, all I have is my personality. Today’s way of thinking has tainted the thoughts of youth to make them think that in order to be happy, your “mate,” for lack of a better term, must be very attractive. A great personality is not what is looked at anymore. My great-grandmother, had my great-grandfather not passed away from lung cancer, would still be married to him now. Back then, it wasn’t looks that anyone cared for. It was how well they could hold a conversation and keep you interested.

This proves that there is someone out there for everyone. I don’t care what anyone says. Usually, the ones that have been heart-broken too many times will be the ones to tell you that there is no one for anyone. There is only pain and anguish. Life will be that way if you let it. Even though every relationship has their ups and downs, I know some of the happiest people at my church that have been married for so many years. They will say they may fight and argue, but that is usual in every relationship you come across. I believe this to be a true statement. I also believe that if you get in the ruts and ditches of life because of love, don’t give up. You will eventually find the right person, but you have to be willing to work for it.

All in all, I can safely say that there is someone for everyone. It can be left to the person to decide if they want to find that person or remain single for reasons that remain to the person. If you are willing to put forth the effort to find that person, you will be very happy. I know that if I was to leave North Carolina, I bet I could find someone that would like me for my personality, which is a minority of women. Most of the time, all anyone cares for is looks. I will say that it helps if they are nice looking, but it is a requirement that they have a great personality. They have to be someone I can hold a good conversation with. I don’t want the prettiest girl who is not intelligent.