Things Happen For A Reason

Ashley - Troutman, North Carolina

In life I have had things happen to me that you have no control over. Since January I have felt that way about a lot of things. The month of January was a new start for me in jobs, school, and just allowing myself to stop taking control of things and letting God do it for me. In January I put in a job application at a Chick-fil-A restaurant that was 20 minutes from my house. Not knowing whether or not I would get the job I prayed about it happening that I would and left it in God’s hands. Since I have been there I have gone through some rough patches but have found them to make me a better person for it. When I started at Chick-fil-A I absolutely loved it and everyone that was there. I was working there to earn money for school this fall and have successfully completed that goal. Along the way I had to start looking for a college to go to so that I could work towards my dream of getting a degree in Interior Design.

In January I was pounding the pavement trying to find a job. My mom called me one day and told me that she was talking to one of her patients and that she was telling her how I had been looking for a job. She also told her that I had filled out and application for the Chick-fil-A in Mooresville but that I hadn’t heard anything from them yet. Well Donna the owner’s wife told my mom to have me go by and pick up an application to fill out. I went by and filled out the application and left it there that night. The beginning of the next week I got a call for an interview.

I believe that this place is where I am supposed to be. I was searching for a job for about three weeks and I hadn’t heard from anywhere. When you know something is right, it’s a feeling like you’ve been away from home for a few years and when you go back everything seems the same like nothing’s changed. It’s the since that you belong somewhere and nothing can change what happens. I have enjoyed working there so much and I do believe that I am supposed to be there, like there’s almost a reason for me being there. I don’t believe I would trade being there for anything in the world. The people there are my family and they will be my family even after I am gone. I have made so many friends there and we all would do anything for each other.

There have been many rough patches in my life since I have started there, but in a way I believe the experience has made me a better person and enabled me to be the person that I want to be. I have had some hard times. I actually quite my last school because it wasn’t something that I wanted at the time it felt more like something I was doing because my parents wanted me to do it. When I realized that I felt that way, I knew I had to take the semester off. By taking the semester off my parents told me that I had to find a job and work full-time while I wasn’t in school. At first I was not sure if I made the right decision by quitting school and working full-time but now I know that I did. I find myself actually trying to do better in school where as before I didn’t really care about anything.

Being at Chick-fil-A has enabled me to have a sense of accomplishment with myself and realize that we have wonderful opportunities waiting for us out there if we just take the time to realize it. It’s funny because sometimes you just have to stop and smell the roses to realize that there are great and wonderful things out there. I know now that we were all put on this earth for one reason or another and that it sometimes just takes time to realize where you are supposed to be in life and what you are supposed to do. But I believe that this experience that I am having here at Western Carolina is what I am supposed to have and it will shape me into the person that God wants me to be, because I know that I am supposed to be here. Sometimes I wonder because everyday can’t be a good one and I am especially starting to wonder this past week. It’s just something you don’t worry about anymore. Just tell yourself that this is what’s happening and it’s all in God’s plan for your life whether you want to believe it or not.

I believe that in life there is a reason for everything and that what happens in it can make it all worth it. The things that I have gone through since January I do believe have happened for a reason, and if it wasn’t for that reason then I wouldn’t be here today at Western Carolina. The experiences that I have gone through have helped me to grow as an individual know that in life whether you want them to or even understand why they happen. I believe things do happen for a reason.