Family is a learning Exprinace

Michael - Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

Family. When you say that word it can mean many things. But the kind of family I am talking about is not the kind of family a sports team says they are, or that friends call them selves after many years of being together. It’s the kind of family that you can rely on for anything. That says they have to love you no matter what happens but in turn will love you no matter what. It’s the kind of family where blood is thicker than water. The family I am talking about is my family. I am not gonna lie I have just began to feel this way about them, but when i think and look back on it all. It has always been this way, no matter how bad my brothers and I mess things up my parents, my grandparents have given us another chance. My family this is what i believe in and i know they believe in me.

There are many parts of my life that I remember more than others and a lot of those parts are with my grandparents. Whether it was a week at the beach in sea isle, or it was fishing and hunting trips up the mountains. Or killing my first deer with my Pop-Pop, or making pizza with Poppy. Having a sets of amazing grandparents that give their grandchildren everything and who are always so much fun. No family party would be complete without them and I know I have been blessed to have spent so much time with them and learned from their stories. They have thought me more than i can say in words and this is one of the reasons I believe in family. What you can learn is endless.

My brothers, sometimes it’s hard being the oldest, but recently we have connected in so many ways. I hope I have taught them as much as they have taught me. Recently I was in a sever car accident and my brother was driving we hit a pole a flipped the car. Two of my friends were severely hurt and my brother was okay and when I told him to get help he ran a mile on a gravel road in bare feet to get help and he did he was the only on i could of or would have counted on. My other brother is the funniest kid every he collects trash and I love him for it. BUt they have taught me that no matter what when shit hits the fan you can count of your brothers to do anything, Thats why I believe in family.

My parents whom I know think I don’t appreciate them, but I do more than anything in the world. They gave me more than anything I could have ever asked for, not only a home, but love and respect I will take with me till my dying day. My mother has shown me to never back down and that short firey Italian women has shown me love more than anything in the world. And my father who I am exactly like even though I may never say that again, I know I am and I love how much he has taught me and shown me. The love that my family has shown me and the love that i have taken from them would take a thousand life times to repay. I believe in family over all other things. They give you love, life, and happiness. I will always remember blood is thicker than water.