My Writing

Kyle - Dillon, Montana

I am not necessarily a writer. I just like to express my ideas in my own individual way. This means that I like to feel the smoothness of ideas flowing through the pen and onto a white sheet of paper to show what you are really feeling inside or thinking about at the time of you writing. I’m personally not big on just writing for fun or free time, but when an assignment comes around I try and do my best in either writing a journal essay about a story in my life or a summary of a topic we just had read. Where my real passion in writing comes would be in the art of poetry. I just love to hear things rhyme and flow through and through like an arrow piercing through a target. In poetry I have been fortunate enough to have had two poems published recently mostly do to my teacher pushing us to write what you feel and not grading it until it was perfect. I can also see that writing could be an art when people just love to write and that’s what they do and are good at it. That is not me nor will never be me. It mystifies me how some people are gifted enough to write a three page paper in a mere ten minutes and it will be almost perfectly error free and sound just straight up perfect. This sometimes will frustrate me because it is difficult for me to get a little over a page in that ten minutes on a good day if I can really relate to the topic or prompt. I understand that yes it might take some practice to have a skill like they do, but I would not be able to put the time in to accomplish such a feat since English is by far my worst subject. Also a lot of time in my life is taken up with football now at the college level. This I believe that writing is an excellent way to express ones ideas or thoughts although it can be difficult for me to write on my own personal time.