Obedience and Miracles

Curtis-Blaine - Martinsburg, West Virginia

Miracles accure every day, every hour of every day, every second of every day. I am a living miracle. My mother would always tell me that I am a miracle child, therefore I need to be obedient to God’s commandments to show my thanks for being alive today. When I was a young lad, I would be like any other over zelous child and tend to have my mothers commands go in one ear and out the other. When I would do this I would get hurt physically. I climbed a tree I wasn’t supposed to. I ended up suffering a major concusion. I went sledding where I was told not to. I broke my leg. I drove faster than I was told to. I wrecked and totalled my van, while my siblings were all in it with me. I could keep going and going. The examples are endless. But the reason I am here today is because of my obedience. Yes I have lacked in that aspect many times and God reminds me that I am his servent. Because I am obedient I am able to recover from my injuries with little to show for it. When I was a six month old baby, I had really bad namonia. I was going to die. It was a garuntee. These garuntees, have no effect on God. My sweet mother prayed for me. She said that if He would spare my life she would raise me to serve Him. I am a living example of a miracle and the link of obedience because of my dear mother. Because she is obedient and teaches me to do the same, I am able to continue to serve and love others. Obedience is the key to true happiness. I am living proof of that.