I am One of Jehovah’s Witnesses

Isaac - Battle Creek, Michigan

I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses

– Isaac Whitmore

I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. From childhood on, I have been taught about Jehovah God, and about what he purposes for the earth and the people in it. Jehovah has become more to me then a God, he has become a real friend, one who listens to me and really cares about me as a person. God’s word, the Bible, has taught me the principles and guidelines by which I should live my life. This is what I have been taught, and this is what I have been persuaded to believe.

Growing up as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, I have learned how to answer such questions as: “Why does God permit suffering?” “ Does God really care about you as a person?” and “ What is the condition of the dead?” When you help a right-hearted individual find the answer to questions like these, and help them learn the truth about God, you have unimaginable joy. Although some people don’t listen to the message that we preach; we have the satisfaction of knowing that we did the work that Jehovah God commanded us to do, and that he is well pleased with us. At Matthew 28:19, Jesus said: “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy spirit…”. This is the work that Jehovah God and his Son, Christ Jesus, commanded us to do, and we won’t stop until Jehovah tells us to stop.

Being one of Jehovah’s Witnesses has taught me to have a respect for life, a gift from our loving Creator, Jehovah God. This respect for life has given me the responsibility to proclaim to others about the opportunity to gain everlasting life on the basis of faith in Jesus Christ’s ransom sacrifice. At John 3:16, Jesus said: “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.” This will be everlasting life in perfect health on a paradise earth. This is a hope all Jehovah Witnesses earthwide have.

In conclusion, being one of Jehovah’s Witnesses has given me many blessings in my

life. It’s taught me how to live my life, and how to help other people attain everlasting life on the paradise earth to come. It has given me a real hope for the future, and the best friend anyone could ever have, Jehovah God. This is what I have been persuaded to believe. This is who I am! I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses!