I like to doodle

Valerie - Menasha, Wisconsin

What I believe about myself as a writer is this. I believe that I am a good writer, but not a writer at heart. I’m not the kind of person to sit down and just write because I enjoy it. I am much more of a doodler. When I doodle it makes me relax and my thoughts to just kind of flow out. I think anybody can write a paper or sentences that form a paper and make them sound good, but it is hard to make those words and sentences have meaning. That is why I don’t feel I am a writer at heart. I can write a paper and make myself sound smart and know what I am talking about, but in order to move a person I can’t do it in writing. I would much rather talk to a person face to face. I believe that speaking is a lot like writing. Like a book can be passed by hand, my ideas and thoughts can be passed orally and therefore my words being written in the mind, and not on paper. I think writing is also for people who have the time to do so. For me on the other hand barely have time to eat. I think when I get older that I will enjoy writing more. I haven’t experienced everything I want to in life yet also, so this means I don’t have things to write about that would be very interesting and fun to read. I’m not the kind of person who believes in writing your feelings down, that’s real good for some people. I think that if you are going to take the time to sit down and write that it should be shared with everyone. I believe I am a good writer, but now is not the time in my life to write.