… Nothing Else Matters

Cayte - Norfolk

Wouldn’t we all love to work a job we hate? Maybe live in a house that is falling apart and has no air conditioner or heat? How about being in a relationship with someone that you cannot stand? Exactly, no one wants to be in that situation. That is why I think happiness in key. My best friend always tells me “As long as your happy, nothing else matters.” I never really understood what he was talking about. So I started to think about why he would always tell me “Just make sure you are happy with it Cayte.” Or ask me “ Does that make you happy?”, and I started to realize the importance of making yourself happy. In my life, I believe that happiness is the only thing that matters. Happiness can include anything, but to me I find happiness in strong relationships, and simple, small, everyday gestures.

Your family, your best friends, your significant other. These are all people that you care about and have strong relationships with. Without these people you would not have anyone to talk to when you are upset. It is important to your health to have strong relationships with someone you trust in order to talk to them about things that are bothering you. Throughout my life, I have developed many relationships with friends and relatives, but few very strong relationships. My cousin Carly, my best friend Keith, and my boyfriend Robert are three people I can talk to about anything. It is important to me that they are in my life because I know I can turn to them for anything, any time, any day, no matter the circumstances. They always give me honest feedback on what they think and advice to go about fixing what is wrong. This makes my life better because I know that someone is there for me. I know that I can turn to them for advice, celebration, or even a shoulder to cry on. Having strong relationships in my life is a key part of my happiness…and nothing else matters.

Right now you probably know someone who is having a horrible day. Ever though of a way to make them feel better? It doesn’t take much to make someone’s day brighter. Simple things like a smile or a wave can improve someone’s day. I believe that small gestures make a big impact. It brings me happiness when I know I’m positively affecting someone’s day. No matter how big or small, every action you make is significant…and nothing else matters.

What makes you happy? You should never have to worry about making other people happy, only yourself. In my life, I believe strong relationships and everyday gestures are the most important things to making someone happy. When these two things are fulfilled, a person becomes satisfied with their life. So in the end, just as long as I’m happy, nothing else matters.