I Believe in Organ Donations

Edward - Austin, Texas

I Believe In Organ Donations

I believe in donating organs to help save people’s lives. By donating our organs, we can help save the lives of many people out there in need of organs. People out there are dying due to bad kidneys, liver problems, or even heart failures. Everyday many people wait for organs, and some never get them. I believe in organ donations because it helps save the lives of many people. In the United States alone, seventy-seven people get a new organ every day, and twenty-nine people die because they were unable to get organs. People are sitting in bed hoping to receive organ donations, and some never do. Donating your organs could easily save eight lives. Each of these people will live an average of forty years longer than she would have lived if you not donated your tissues and organs. If you think about it, you will have added another 320 years of human life on the Earth.

I was in second grade when I sat in the hospital hoping and waiting for my great-aunt to receive her kidney donation. Her kidneys weren’t functioning correctly and she was in great need of a kidney donation. She had told us that she always had so much respect for people who donated their organs when they passed away, and that they were giving away the best gift a person could give. The gift of saving someone’s life. She also told us that those kinds of people would always be respected and thought of highly. The long hours passed and still there was no sign of the kidneys. My family and I started to worry that the kidneys would never arrive. We thought that something had happened and that my great-aunt would never receive her kidneys. Later the kidneys finally arrived. He said it just took a while for them to arrive because of the lack of organ donors. Luckily, she is still alive today due to the organ donations.

Many people out there even donate their organs while they are alive in order to help save the life of a close friend or family member. Some people will donate kidneys, livers, or other vital organs to their family members in order to help save their lives. Many more people should be encouraged to sign up for organ donations on their driver’s license or I.D. card. People can also leave a Will to have their organs donated.

Besides donating organs, in some countries, people sell their organs for money. I think this helps to promote more organ donations because people receive money for their kind acts. I think that giving people money for donating their organs is a great idea because by doing this, more people will become interested and involved in selling their organs. This way, lots more lives will be saved. I think that that would be a very good idea for the U.S. to incorporate in order to help save many more lives. Do you think this is a good idea for a person to sell their organs?

In conclusion, I think that by donating organs, you will help out the world by saving many lives, for the price of none.