Cydnie - Rossford, Ohio
Themes: love

I was low. I was lost and confused. I felt alone. It had been a long, painful year. I felt like I didn’t have anyone to turn to. I was bogged down with some pretty serious issues. I thought I had hit a rock bottom and there was no coming up from it. Everyday it got worse and worse. I just wanted it to end, I wanted to go to sleep and never wake up again. I was only 14, but I thought my life was ending. In fact I wanted to end my life. I even wrote a note and figured out how to do it. I was all alone and no one would miss me, right? Wrong, the power of love was there for me.

Lucky for me I really wasn’t alone. I had one friend who loved me very much. He helped me more than anyone else ever has. He didn’t know exactly how depressed I was but his love was there for me just in time. I was so close to the end. I wanted to hide from everything and everyone. I couldn’t stand school or anything else. The only time I wasn’t miserable was when I was with him or was talking to him. One day he told me he loved me and that he was so happy he had me in his life. I finally told him how sad I was but that I wasn’t as sad when I was with him. Slowly I became happy again. His love made me happy and soon I was just a happy person again. He saved me from myself with the power of love.

I believe in the power of love. Love is the strongest emotion someone can feel. Loving someone and being loved is the greatest feeling in the world. Love can pick you up from the deepest pits. It can give you your life back and save you in ways you never thought you needed to be saved. Without the power of love I would be dead. That boy saved my life with his love, whether it was romantic love or not, I don’t really know. The point is it was love. The power of love is so much stronger than anything else in this world. Love can be disguised or out for everyone to see, but it’s always there. The power of love will never die. It has saved me and many others. I believe through love all things are possible.