Can I Really Be A Writer?

Tiffany - Dillon, Montana

In class we were asked to write about what we believe about ourselves as writers. At first I thought that it’d be challenging to write that because I never thought of myself as a writer. I always thought that whatever writing I did was for a grade but as I went through high school and started college my thoughts changed. I realized that with my writing I could voice my opinion. If I didn’t like what someone had to say then I could always just write them a letter telling them why I didn’t like what they said. It also made be able to connect with another side of myself. I started to learn things about myself that I had never known I could do. I realized with my writing I could take someone for an adventure. I was always able to make them go through what I wanted them to with my choice of words. Writing gave me a power that I never real experienced till I started getting serious about it. I’m one of those people who have a fear of public speaking. With writing I could tell everyone how I felt. It was always easier for me to tell people about my past and some of the hard times that I went through with my writing. I was able to make the readers feel the same emotions that a person hearing the speech would feel. I believe that if I continue with my writing that I will become a stronger writer. Everyone when they first start out isn’t a great writer. It’s something that they have to work at over time. I believe that if writing is your true passion that it’ll come to you a lot easier but anyone can be a writer. I’m not one of those writers that uses big fancy words but instead I like to use words that make sense to me and my readers. I believe that with the writing techniques that I use the readers are able to understand me and my writing. Who knows maybe I’ll be the next J.K. Rowling but the only thing I really want out of my writing is for someone to be able to connect with it.