Katrina - burien,WA 98166, Washington

I was in a candy store one day trying to decide what I should buy. When I thought about it I realized what I was looking for in my candy was almost the same thing I was looking for in a friend. My name is Katrina and I believe choosing your friends is like choosing candy.

I like a variety in my candy bag just like I do in my friendships. One day I might want a warm soothing friend like chocolate and the next day want a fun and sassy friend like a sour and fruity candy. I pick the candy that doesn’t get mad if you eat another candy. Sometimes I don’t want to eat the same candy over and over everyday because eventually I will get tired of it. It can be your favorite candy in the world but sometimes you want to try something new. My best friend and I hanged out everyday of the summer. We were inseparable. We even spent the night at each other house every night so the next morning we could get ready and leave together to do something else for the day. Now that school has started, I miss my other friends I haven’t seen since school has ended. I want to spend more time with them instead of with her. I love my best friend dearly and love hanging out with her but we need our time apart once in a while.

In comparison, when you pick your candy, pick the kind you know will last and is name brand. Those are the friends that will always be there for you and not stab you in the back. I wouldn’t buy a sharp and painful candy just like I wouldn’t choose a friend that would hurt me. Nor would I pick a candy that cost too much money or have a friend that made my pay for everything.

In conclusion, I will like to give everyone a variety of candy and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.