Family in my life

Dylan - dixon, Illinois

So far in life I’ve discovered many values, but my most cherished is my family. Since the day I was born I have had countless numbers of individuals who cared for me and have taught me. These people are my family. They have been with me through my struggles and triumphs and will stay with me during my future obstacles.

Family is not just relatives but it is people who make such a difference in your life that they might as well be your blood. I owe my family everything I have now and will have. I made a commitment to my family that if they ever need anything they can come to me for help. I haven’t always been there for my cousins or grandparents or even my best friends, but no one has always been there for everyone so I do what I can. Family is the backbone of this world. Nothing would be the same if parents just abandoned their children after they are born. Although not all parents are the same, they all have the same purpose and that is to raise their children to become mature enough to be civilized people and to not depend on everyone else to help them get by.

Family will follow me throughout my whole life from the day I was born until the day my children speak at my funeral. Most people can ask their family for help whenever it’s needed. That’s what family is about is being there for each other when needed.

Family is the support system for many people. For example when an athlete or a movie star is receiving a reward, they almost always thank their family for supporting them to reach their dream. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t know where I’d be right now without my family.

Families are behind a lot of the great accomplishments in life. They congratulate you while still motivating you to do better. If no one else believes in you, you can count on that your family will. The only other thing I can say is that remember without your family, you wouldn’t even be alive.