I Believe in Joy

Bryan - Rexburg, Idaho
Themes: family, pleasure

“I Believe in Joy”

I believe in joy because it is how I find peace, and happiness comes with peace. By joy can I wake up every morning, cast aside every worry, frustration, and stress and know that all things will work out. By joy can I put one foot in front of the other day in and day out because of the sure knowledge that I am doing all I can right which brings that joy.

My joy has come so often by different means through out my life. If I put my joy on any one thing it would have to be family. The family I have and one day intend to have. My life has been unique and unfortunately typical. From being a standard suburban white kid deeply rooted into the Hip Hop culture in Atlanta. From anarchy in Middle School to bangin’ and slangin’ in High School. As I look back it has always been my family that has brought me back to the light. To that joy I have mentioned earlier and the peace that comes with it. I have often pondered where I would be now if it was not for the loved ones that I have in my life. What course would I have continued to follow? What path would I be on or would I still even be on a path at all.

Yes, I give the credit to my family; all of it. The gratitude I have for them grows more and more daily. By there love did I put down the napalm and sparkler bombs. By there patience did I put aside the supposed thug life and through there guidance and determination did I put on a shirt and tie for the best two years for my life. And amidst all this there might have been one day that I did not look back to them for support; I just don’t know when that day would have been. I love them more than I think I will ever know, and through them have I come to know the greatest joy, and peace that follows thus far in my life.