A Breath of Fresh Air

Amy - Mesa, Arizona
Themes: children, nature

Life is tumultuous and chaotic and sometimes nothing seems to be going right. At times I felt I was so overcome with schedules, time lines, due dates and work that I could not step back and see past the now. I never stepped back and literally “stop and smell the roses.”

I had forgotten about the simple things in life and how wonderful they are. A child can spend hours contently playing in the mud, or running through the orange groves playing cowboys and Indians. Their life is simple and full of bliss, while at times mine is complicated and intense. That is when I learned to enjoy life like a child. So I did. Every day I took time to think about the little wonders and beauties of life and the world around me and tried to simplify live life. I still had my daily schedule but the load seemed lighter after a two minute stop to take in the world around me. So every day I stop and smell the roses and listen to a bird’s song or watch the sunrise. A walk in the park has become soothing, and tree climbing is exciting. Stepping past the hectic part of life and into the shoes of a child has taught me that some of the best things in life are the simple things in life. I believe that a breath of fresh air makes a person happier and calm. Nature helps a person remember all of the little blessings of life.

There is sunshine in my soul. I believe in the power of fresh air. It brings me joy and peace of mind makes life simpler and easier to manage. A child takes joy in the simplicities of life, and so do I.