My Beliefs

Caleb - Oregon, Illinois

MY BELIEFS

I believe that there is only one God, and that He has sent his only Son to die for my sins. My personal beliefs began when my parents enrolled me at Faith Christian School. I have attended Faith since I was five years old and just recently graduated. Faith has taught me many things, but without God’s help, I can do nothing.

It all began one summer when I was at a camp in Colorado. While I was out there I became very ill. I cried out for God to help me, because I thought I was going to die. This was the turning point in my walk with Christ. Although I am not perfect, I am trying my best to follow God. I have just started to believe that God has sent his only Son, Jesus, to die for me. Before, I put on an act to make others around me believe that I was a Christian when I was not. Over the past couple years I have started to trust in God even more.

Recently my classmates and I traveled to Puerto Rico for a missionary trip. This is when I truly saw the evidence of God in my life. God gave me the calmness of spirit to be able to preach to the people down there. Since I have taken a more devout belief in God I have taken a more active role at home. I currently attend the First Evangelical Free Church of Mt. Morris. I help out my church in many ways to show others that my heart is for God. I help the church with their tutoring club for those of the less fortunate. Our main goal of the tutoring club is to help them learn of the Jesus Christ and his awesome power. I also have helped out the community by raking yards, mowing lawns, and doing jobs the community can’t. Helping in the community has shown me that life would be easier if everyone helped each other. I have gained a sense of humility, and respect because of the work I have done. Without God’s help I have accomplished nothing.

My parents have played a huge part in my walk of faith. Their dedication has made me devoted to God. My parents never gave up on me, and I will never give up on God.