Drink it down.

Geena - Dixon, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in living each day like it’s my last. I never want to live recklessly, like doing drugs or drinking alcohol. There are other forms of entertainment that are more simplistic and healthy. An example is that I could go outside and play with my dog. True and honest enjoyment shouldn’t mean you have to consume illegal substances; all you need is an open mind to look for better alternatives. Another thing that shouldn’t hinder you from enjoying yourself is money. Picture the following situation while with friends. There are three different activities and everyone has to vote on what would be entertaining. We could go for a walk, go shopping, or go to a concert. A concert sounds like fun, unfortunately with the cost of tickets, forget it!

With that said, I want to create meaningful memories from positive situations. I don’t want to waste my time with people or circumstances that aren’t valuable, like parties with the drugs and alcohol. I believe in having fun but not disintegrating my reputation or ruining relationships with friends and family. For instance, I attended Monmouth College and I went with friends to the fraternity complex. I knew only a few guys and I didn’t know there was going to be a party that night. I could have done plenty that would have been appropriate in college. I didn’t get “wasted” on alcohol or do drugs; I did have a good time dancing and talking to new people. That night was a good night I had out in college and I didn’t do anything that made me regret it the next day.

I’ve come to realize that true and honest enjoyment and living life to its fullest is

my own definition of fun; most people don’t understand that. To me fun is a way of life, a

way to cope with all the mundane tasks that we have to do every day. I truly believe that

without fun in my life I would be overstressed and miserable. That is why my own

definition suits me perfectly and I don’t see a reason to compromise. As long as I keep

living my life to the fullest and truly enjoying myself, I won’t be missing a single

moment.