I belive in Optimism

Sydni - Meridian, Idaho
Themes: hope

“Few things in the world are more powerful then a positive push. A smile. A word of optimism. And you can do it when things are tough.”

-Richard M. DeVos

It was my first semester of college. My roommates and I were having a discussion during a particularly difficult mid semester day. My roommate Rebecca asked me; ”Sydni how are you so happy all the time? I don’t think I have ever not seen you in a good mood”

I was very caught of guard by her question. I had been told I had a generally upbeat personality before but at that moment I didn’t feel incredibly happy. I answered her, “ I just try to be more positive about things it is what helps me get through hard times.”

I believe in Optimism. I believe that when I am in the hardest times of my life there can always be something good that comes from it. I know that there is always something to learn, and quite honestly someone out there has got to have it worse then I do! I find that if I am able to keep a positive outlook on my life that I am happier with myself as a person. I also find that people like to be around me more as well.

I love to smile and I love the energy it gives me when I am able to smile it makes everything else seem not so bad and optimism just comes in. I believe if everyone in the world could try and find more to smile about every day the world would be a better more optimistic place. I believe in optimism, in smiling, in laughing, and in looking on the bright side of life. Every situation whether good or bad has something to learn from and smile about. The challenge is just to find it. I personally want to try to live up to the challenge of being optimistic and happy about my life.