This I believe in my writing

Annette - Dillon, Montana

I believe writing is a way to relive memories, cultivate ideas, share beliefs, captivate creativity, and recognize individuality. My writing helps me see my potential. It is when I write that I realize how much I have learned and how much more I have to learn. It doesn’t matter what I am writing about there is always something I can learn from my writing.

Everyday memories are created. Some will be lost, but some will never be forgotten. When I put these memories into words on paper it not only helps me remember them, but it helps me to enhance those memories. Writing about memories makes me relive every minute of those events which enforces those events in my mind even more.

However, writing not only lets me relive memories but cultivate ideas. Writing helps me to dig up the ideas that are hid way back in my mind. I never realized how many ideas I have that I just don’t know about. Writing helps me identify those ideas and expand on them to make them something great.

Another way writing helps me is that it allows me to share my beliefs. When talking to some one I am only able to share my beliefs with that one person, but when I write about my beliefs it give me the opportunity to share those beliefs with so many more people. I can really think about how I want to say things and how I want people to see my view on things.

Furthermore, writing helps me to cultivate my creativity. When I write something I can write it down and if I don’t like it I can erase it. This allows me to write whatever comes to mind before I judge it. Sometimes the things I think of seem outrageous or illegitimate, but if I write them down and just leave them and come back to see how it fits I tend to find that the idea was very creative.

Writing creatively helps not only me but others recognize my individuality. We can all speak the same language, but each of us has an individual writing style. Having my own individuality in writing lets me write things the way I want to knowing that my readers will understand my writing because of its individuality.

All in all, writing plays a big part in my life. Through my writing I have achieved confidence, individuality, and creativity. I believe that writing should not be looked upon with despite, but rather with a yearning to leaner and explore one’s own mind to achieve their confidence, individuality, and creativity.