Eric - Allentown, Pennsylvania

I believe in never giving up. As I enter the frosted field, I already started to feel the shivers in my body because it was that cold. My teammates and I started to warm up with doing basic drills until the referees decided to start the game. As the whistle blew, I was anxious as ever to start the game. I was playing midfield so I was running up and down the field breathing heavily and felt relieved that I got taken out for a break. As I was getting ready to go back into the game, I was catching my breath so I would have the same amount of energy I had when I entered the game. As I just entered back into the game, our opponents scored the first goal of the game. They should have been called for being offside but the referee missed the call and our coach was furious. As the 1st half came to an end, I jogged back with my teammates to our coach.

As we sat down, we listened to our coach talk about our 1st half performance. After our coach told us that we had to treat the second half as it was 0-0, we were determined to start the 2nd half down by 1 goal. As I run out to the field with my teammates to start the 2nd half, we knew there was no giving up now. As the referee blew the whistle again, we were underway to start the 2nd half. I was even colder than the 1st half and the wind chill was picking up. As we hear the cheers from the stands, we knew we couldn’t let them down. The other team acted over confident in the 2nd half and we took advantage by answering right back to score and tie the game 1-1 in the midway of the 2nd half. As the clock was ticking to the 2 minute mark, my legs felt so numb because of the coldness that I felt like I was about to fall over. I knew I couldn’t give up so I kept on fighting to help my team win the game. The time was winding down and we knew we only had one chance to score.

Because of our execution, good ball movement, and communication, we scored the game winning goal. Even though I was extremely freezing, I didn’t let that from holding me back and celebrating with my teammates. After a long and chilling game, our coach congratulated us with a smile on his face.