I believe in Sports

Joseph - Mechanicsville, Virginia
Themes: sports

Ever since I can remember I have watched and enjoyed sports. My dad bought me a playschool golf set when I was two and started playing catch with me at four. Sports have always played a big part in my life. My everyday routine consists of checking scores, updates, and news on the latest games, teams, and players. There is not a day that goes by in which my life is not affected by this demanding, yet enjoyable hobby. This is why I believe in sports.

The smell of the freshly cut grass before the kickoff of the big game. The air of competition as it stirs in the hearts of the over- zealous fans and the souls of the anxious and powerful soldiers of the hard-court battlefield. Just being in the atmosphere of a sporting event gets me excited and stirred up. It is an excellent source of stress relief for someone who truly enjoys watching or participating in a game regardless of outcome. If you lose or your favorite team is defeated, you know that a second chance is always down the road to prove yourself or them once more. I believe in Sports.

The friendships and relationships that are created through the interest of sports are some of the best out there. For one, it is something that you will always have in common with that person, and two you know that he/she will usually be down for a sporting event, game, or competition. Trash talking is another amusing aspect of the sporting relationship. One of my good friends and I are always giving each other crap and talking smack about the teams we like, or how we are playing in a contest. I am a Bulldogs fan and he is a Gators fan, and if you know anything about that rivalry you know that it is definitely heated, but every time we ridicule each other we know that it is all in good fun and that I’m always right at the end of the day. I believe in sports

I live for the moments that truly drop your jaw and the times that you will never forget. The thrill of an overtime game, the excitement of a come from behind win are images that will forever be engraved in my brain. One instance in particular stands out in my mind. During my last year in high school our basketball team played our biggest rival on senior night. We were down by three points with two seconds left in the game when our point guard flung the ball from half court and drained the bucket to send the game into overtime. The gym was in a complete frenzy as everyone lost their minds and in an even greater frenzy when we won the game. I believe in sports.

Whether you are a current worshipper or a beginner to the idea, consider this. I believe in sports and so should you.