Live Life To The Fullest

Connor - Naperville, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

Living Life At Its Best:

Each and every day I am faced with one question over and over again. How will I live this day to meet my true potential as a person? I have learned after numerous times of answering this question that I must live every second of my life to the fullest, forgiving but never forgetting. I feel as though I cannot live to my fullest if I let anyone bring me down. Therefore I must forgive everyone.

In my three years in junior high, I have been honored to volunteer in the special needs classroom. I have learned most of my morals in life from these students. They live such complex lives yet they make life seem so simple. There is one student in particular. His name is Elliot. He wakes up every morning just like me. Instead of being faced with a question about life, he is thrown a whole lot more. Elliot has to live his life with a disability. He can’t do everything most others can. For this reason he is not treated the same. He still manages to live like I can only wish to be like. Everyone in our school knows him. Not for his disability, but for his kindness to others.

Living my life to the fullest isn’t as easy as you might think. I am under pressure every minute of my life just to be like everyone else. The suicide rate in the United States increased 75% in 2007. That is because teens are under a lot of pressure to fit in. If only each person would not care about what anybody thought of them. I’ve learned that after many years of trying, it’s just not worth it. It took away from my life, and that is definitely not living to my potential.

I started to live by the saying, “Every 60 seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you’ll never get back”, so I will never again feel like I am wasting my life by being unhappy. When I think of this I immediately get over what I am upset about and realize it is not worth my time. You should never let anything get in the way of living your life how you want to, this I believe.