hard work

Benjamin - roseville, California

This I believe that practice and determination lead the way to success. Whether its on the diamond or learning the sport of baseball practice and the determination that keeps me on the field are the same. When it comes time to practice I go into game mode where I plan to practice how I plan. It’s from the hard work in practice and determination and heart which achieves greatness and success travels through how you perform in practice to how you perform in the game. Through the years of playing little league and now getting ready to finish my senior year of baseball and hope to carry on into college. Growing up I had the privilege of watching my dad play slow pitch softball. He was also my coach up until high school. He passed me his love for the game and physical and mental challenges a player goes through. When I was growing up I new that I was going to have to practice hard to be able to succeed my dream of being a professional baseball player. My dad always said “nothing is free and nothing is easy”. I took that advice and rolled with it and found out that practice makes prefect. Baseball appears entertaining, sometimes slow to most but can also be very boring to watch. But as a player there are times of tiredness and the felling of frustration. These obstacles can be avoided through practice. As I practice I store every ground ball or fly ball to get my mechanics right, every tendency, and every obstacle in my mind giving my body a sense of comfort. Practicing can do one or two things. It can either elevate your game or destroy your game because of your work ethics. For me a practice elevates my attitude and my game. In practice I take about fifty fly balls and ground balls. Everyday it’s the same way and motion on the fly balls its always first step back, on grounders it’s getting around and staying in front of the ball. From this work ethic and repetition I won’t make many mistakes in the game. Throughout the day my mind is constantly set on the game and how I m going to perform. That’s my mental preparation always thinking positive and not getting down on myself. I believe that practice and determination are stepping stones to success. Practicing a certain way allows the body to be confident and powerful when asked to perform in a game. Baseball is my passion and it’s because of the practice and the determination that I am so successful in performing on the field everyday.