I believe in Having a Best friend

Jessica - USA

I believe in best friends. Whether you’re a boy or girl, adult or child, poor or rich, everyone needs a best friend. A best friend is someone who has a connection with you that through good times or bad that are there for you. These friends are the kinds of friends that you don’t get embarrassed in front of or that you know they would be judging you. Best friends usually know everything about each other because they talk so much and such an important part of each others’ life. I think a best friend is a key part of life.

I think I am lucky as far as best friends go. I have two, Lexi and Kate. They are both very different but I love them the same. Lexi is cute, fashionable, outgoing, and a dancer. Where as Kate is athletic, funny, and down to earth. When I think about my best friends I know that they are always there to make me laugh. I know they will stick up for me and they will always have my back. I know that if I tell either of them something important, I can trust that they won’t go tell anyone. I also know that at any moment I would give my life for theirs. That’s just what best friends do for each other.

A best friend is not just someone who you hangout with more than other friends, best friends are like sisters or brothers. They are a part of you. My best friends can always tell when I’m not myself, if I’m mad or upset. They just know me so well that I don’t need to tell them. I believe my best friends are the best in the world. I know I can lean on them when times are hard. And the know I will be their for them, I think of it as a privilege to have someone that is there to support, respect, trust, and love you.

Recently I got into a “disagreement” with one of my best friends. I hated it. I couldn’t stand knowing that she was mad at me or that she didn’t want to talk to me. It felt like I had lost a part of myself. We are better now and I am thankful for that. I would be lost without her. This little disagreement made me think about all our fun memories and all our great times we have shared. It made me realize how lucky I am to have her as my best friend. I believe a best friend is one of the greatest gifts life can give you. People change as they grow up and best friends come and go. I have had several best friends throughout my life. It has all worked out for the best. Although it was hard at times. I am truly thankful for Lexi and Kate.

Best friends should not be taken for granted. You should feel comfortable around them; however you should still be respectful and polite to them. I believe in my best friends because sometimes you just need to think about how different you would be without them.