Understanding What I Believe

Khasem - Loomis, California
Themes: setbacks

I believe that when life is it’s hardest, the only thing you can do is continue on and get through hardships that you come across.

Being 16, it’s hard to understand many things that go on with the world. Every thing being new to me, just finding out how hard things can get and learning to understand many things I have not learned before. I am still learning and the world is finally unwinding itself in my eyes, I am learning everything for what it is and I am better understanding of many things.

Recently, My family has come across some hardships where we are having a bit of financial problems. We are not getting good income because of the lack of house sales in Northern California. This effected us greatly, causing the companies that my dad works for not to pay him because their lack of income. It’s a hard time for us but I guess we have to move on.

Even during these dark times, I have learned to be happy and make due with what I have. I have recently gotten into the working habit, finding a new job. I want to help out the best I can, and I have realized that if I got a job. I could also help with financial trouble if it really came to it. I am currently trying my best to understand the economic condition we are in.

Recently in Northern California there have been a lot of people left homeless because of the rising economic value on houses. This affected my dad because he is a contractor and landscaper for companies that sell homes, like the company, D.R. Horton. There hasn’t been many people buying homes because of the economic fall around Northern California. Since the houses aren’t selling, the companies make no income and this prevents my dad from making income because the companies will not pay him because of their lack of money.

Now, I believe I need to help every which way I can, I am starting to understand more specifically responsibility. There are many things I have to learn I know that I will eventually learn more and more as the years go on. I will better understand things and maybe help out even more. Even though these times are hard, not only for me but for my family, I try my best to keep on going and keep happy and stick to what I am doing, which is helping.

Seeing my family struggle now is hard but I cant give up. The best thing I can do right now is let it happen and try my best to cope with this hardship, but I cant give up, and I cant cheat this one out. I hope me making some extra income will actually help us a lot more than I think it will.

Even though this is a hard time for me I know I can’t quit and can only move forward, toward success.