Living life to the fullest

Brendan - Auburn, California
Themes: carpe diem

My life philosophy is not complicated: actually it’s quite simple. It’s something that everyone should do, but something that few end up doing. It’s what makes memories, some good some bad, and it is what defines you and your legacy, so, you ask what is my life philosophy? Well, my life philosophy is to live your life to the fullest. You only get one chance to live, so live your life to the fullest. I think that you should do everything that you have ever dreamed of doing and then more. Be spontaneous, laugh loud, party hard and be happy. Many people think that they are living their life to the fullest, but few people actually do.

When I think of living my life to the fullest, I think living my dreams. I want to ravel the world, live in different places, experience different things, and start a business. Most importantly, I want to fall in love, start a family, and be happy the rest of my life. I have lived all my life so far, without really being aware of my own philosophy. But, this summer I really realized what I believe in, and began to pursue the philosophy that I want to live by.

My life changing moment came when I went to the UK this summer. When I went to the UK, I got to experience a new kind of life, a new culture, and I also ended up growing up a lot in the process. On the last day in Scotland, Mr. White was talking to me. He was complimenting me on how I was a really great person, and that he felt that I was very self reliant and really down to earth. He said that he had no doubt in his mind that in the next couple of years that I will be off traveling the world, and living life to the fullest, just like he did. Those few words changed my life and made me feel so good because no one in my life has ever complimented me like that.

So right at that moment, I decided that life is too short to waste following the crowd, and that I will live my entire life like there is no tomorrow. So, I am making it my life goal to keep following my dream of living life to the fullest, and not settling for anything less “it is not he years in your life but the life in your years that counts” Adlai Stevenson.