Get Outdoors

Jordan - Newcastle, California
Themes: nature

Get Outdoors

I believe people should get together with their friends and family at least once a year and go hunting, fishing, camping or just something in the outdoors.

I have been hunting ever since I can remember. My dad would take me out in the woods with him whenever he would go. He has been hunting with his family since he was around my age. He told me they never got anything but that it didn’t matter because he just enjoyed the experience.

Now that I am 17 years old I hunt with them. My first year hunting in Colorado is the one I can remember the best. We were hunting for deer and elk. My whole family was there; my four uncles, dad, grandpa, my brothers and all my cousins. It was the middle of October and it was cold! Every day it never got above 30 degrees. I didn’t personally get any animals on that trip but it was the best time I have ever had.

Being out in the woods with my family is what I love to do. All of us getting together and sleeping in one big tent is a very good experience. We eat a lot of food and tell tons of stories. Everyone is always in a good mood and us kids don’t get in trouble for messing around. I will go hunting for the rest of my life and hopefully introduce my kids to the outdoors.

Outdoor activates have grown over the past years. There are so many things to do to get away such as, fishing, boating, hiking, snow boarding, and snow shoeing ect. The list never ends. Hunting and camping are just the things I like to do.

I encourage people to get out in the woods. Even if you’re not into hunting just go out and get away from your house and the crazy city. It’s the best way to get everything off your mind and have a great time with your friends and family. Trust me you will find it fun getting away. You can go explore untouched parts of the world. When your out in the woods take look around at all the wild life and amazing scenery that the world has to offer. You will be amazed at what is out there.

I hope in the future there will be less video games being played and more people getting outdoors. I believe you and your family will become a lot closer if you just take a day off from your normal hectic life and get outside. Being outdoors has brought me closer to my family and kept me out of bad habits.