Macy - USA

I believe in sisters. I come from a big family, I have five older sisters. Three of them I really share a bond with, but the closest bond that I have is with my sister Adrienne. We are all different in many ways, but also very much the same. We love each other and we are always there when we need one another for better or worst.

My sister Adrienne was 10 when I was born. She and I are the closest. I think our bond started when she would drive me to preschool in the mornings. We have the same style and views on things. She takes my clothes and I take hers. She and I have a neat detail, that is, she was 10 when I was born and I was 10 when her oldest daughter was born, so we are all 10 years apart and very close. I go to Adrienne for advice I need and I know she has my back whenever I need her. I spend weekends with her and sometimes weeks. We cqan talk about anything and we are always laughing. We make fun of each other… mainly her dancing. We could stay up for hours just talking about how our days or weeks went. We talk about our problems, things that bug us, and cute boys. I will always remember the hours she would help me get ready for big school dances, and her stories about when she remembered her school dances.

My favorite time with her was the day we went down the American River. It was all day starting at 12 ending at 5:30. It was slow but we didn’t mind, we loved the time we had together. There wasn’t one quiet moment with the swimming, rowing and tanning. The next day we were both so sun burnt and laughed about it for a few days. Our girl’s nights are our real bonding time. We go out to dinner, movies, or just stay at her house and play games and talk.

We have a bond like no other and no one can break our bond. We love each other and look out for each other. I believe sisters always share a special bond, which includes unconditional love and support, and yet have a sort of healthy competition and silly fights going on. Bonds that can’t be broken. Without my sister I don’t think would be the same, we share so much. After all, “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life” (Isadora James).