Working Hard or Hardly Working

Cali - USA
Themes: work

Working Hard or Hardly Working

I believe in the principle of hard work. We all have a work ethic and live by it. But some may not be as strong or developed as others. I know that since I was born, and before that, my family has taught proper work ethic. My grandparents taught it to my parents who taught it to my siblings, my friends and me. I have had numerous amounts of chores, responsibilities, jobs, projects and activities where my hard work was needed. Without it, nothing would have happened. My parents, role models, and siblings have taught me that if I want or desire something, that it won’t be handed to me on a silver platter. If it is of good value, it will be worth the effort that is needed to attain it.

When i was younger my sister’s friend was my role model. they way she acted and treated people made her very loved by everyone she knew. She was a totally different person than I was but I still wanted to be just like her. I knew that it would be hard to change but it was something that I desired and really strived for. Hard work and lots of practice has made me a lot closer to my goal. I have grown to understand that no matter what I want, I can achieve it if I have the desire to do so and if I go at it whole hearted. My parents taught me a great deal about that. I cannot count that number of times that I have mowed the lawn, swept the porch, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the house, or picked up my room. I know that my parents didn’t make me do that to ruin my childhood but rather to teach me of the satisfaction that I get from doing a job well done. What children learn while they are young, they keep with them throughout their life. I believe that if a parent wants his or her child to succeed or accomplish anything in their life that they have to teach them to work. Life will be harder for the child if they had everything they wanted as a kid. How will they be able to support themselves or a family?

I know that the principles that I have already learned are the ones that I will keep with me throughout my life and I am thankful for parents that have taught me. I believe that anyone who learns how to work will be able to make himself or herself who they want to be and make their life how they want it.