The One’s Who Mean the Most

Lexi - Penryn, California

I believe in friends. I feel that people, who do not have friends to help them throughout people’s lives, have a harder time finding his or her place in the world today. I’m not saying that every person that has friends or a friend knows their place but I think that everybody needs at least one good friend to help guide them through life.

I, personally, have many friends that I know I can depend on and that make me happy every day. Friends are my power, they help me through some of the hardest times of my life, and even on my good days, they keep me going. Among these friends I only have one true friend, someone I like to call my best friend, Sarah White.

Sarah and I have known each other since our freshman year in high school but we have not been best friends all four years. Freshman year we didn’t really get along and we had our share of fights and disagreements but we remained acquaintances. Towards the middle to end of our sophomore year is when we really started to bond and consequently our friendship started growing.

Sophomore summer going into our junior year was probably the best summer of both of our lives. Sarah and I hung out almost every day, wakeboarding, spa treatments, tanning in the backyard, working out or just hanging out, we were always together. By the end of summer I classified her as my best friend and we’ve remained best friends ever since.

Sarah is one of those people that when you say “I will never forget Sarah White” you actually mean it. She is the type of friend that I feel everyone should find at some point in life. She is always a positive person and knows exactly what to say at all times. Friends are meant to cheer you up when you’re down, and to put you back in your place when you’ve fallen out and that’s exactly what she does.

I believe that people walk out of your life so better people can walk in. I also believe that everything happens for a reason. Throughout high school I’ve had my fair share of acquaintances, good friends and best friends. Honestly, I’ve lost all my acquaintances that I knew freshman year, my good friends have become my acquaintances and my best friends I had from junior high to freshman year are no longer my best friends for various reasons. But I believe I lost every one of those people, so the people that are in my life today could fill their spots.

I think it’s healthy for people to have friends to talk to and relieve stress. I don’t know where I would be without my good friends I know I can turn to. A friend can be a sister, mother, brother, father, dog, cat, it doesn’t matter it is just nice to know that someone is there to listen, help you and accompany you throughout life.