Ultimate Apolgy

Sarabeth - Stem, North Carolina

Never before in our history as a nation have we found ourselves in such an internationally shameful morass. The war in Iraq was conceived from arrogant conceit, initiated through deceit, promoted in greed, and is being prolonged by self-righteous intransigence, in total disregard for all human decency. We Americans are a principled people; still faithfully holding to the hard won tenets of democracy handed down to us from our valorous heritage. Our brave forefathers would be grievously aghast at the conduct of today’s “leaders”. For the sake of all that is cherished in the American dream, we are morally bound to reclaim our democracy and repudiate the despicable actions of the dark and greedy elite. As an American of conscience, I do not lay claim to the despicable actions of this government. They do not represent us, nor should they even be allowed the privilege of continued citizenship. Our unrestrained success at capitalism has unfortunately permitted the overgrowth of huge concentrated monetary power that is now the supreme force behind all of Washington’s political motivations. We cannot in the least rely on this “democracy” to resolve the imbalance of power anymore. The elective process is wholly compromised by the power brokering of big money upon all contenders. Our current-day elections are only voting for Tweedle Dum in place of Tweedle Dee. If we are to revive as a nation, people of means who truly love this country must come forward now to repudiate this corrupt election system. We are crying out for leaders of courage who will dare to stand alone in the face of huge money temptations and dire threats. We must re-incarnate the conviction of the Minutemen and the passion of the Founding Fathers. Our beloved children are dying in Iraq for the sake of Big Oil and multi-national contractors. The peoples of Iraq are barraged by constant horror. We as a people must now be willing to stand up and risk dying right here in the Halls of Congress for the resurrection of our American values.

What folly is the pretense of promoting democracy abroad as our own constitution is being systematically subverted by the White House. The most heinous evil of our times turns out not to be the horrendous attack on the twin towers, but even more so, this administration’s manipulation of our incredulous outrage and sadness in order to serve it’s own greedy designs against Iraq. It is the way of fascist dictators to manipulate tragedies for their own political purposes. It is similarly the tactic employed by our current Washington supremacists. The megalomaniac extremism of Al Qaida proved very convenient to the Military Industrial Complex of Washington. For them, the ever-increasing fanatical instigation of terror resulting from the Iraqi invasion is a convenient wolf threat upon the sheep of America. Let us stop and look up from our fearful pack and recognize the face of the wolf, for the wolf is from among us. Like never before, the American People are being baited to misplaced militarism. Who benefits from this carnage? – the greedy fear mongers of Washington and the power hungry hate mongers of Islamic fundamentalism. They are the dark powers of evil, two sides to the same coin.

There is no possible conventional approach to the resolution of this agony. It is an outrageous impossible contention that we can or should “stay the course”. How many of you will want to be next in sending your sons and daughters to die for Haliburton? How many fired up fundamentalists and angry factions, from how many countries, will be dissuaded by our continued aggression? If the US pulls out now it would certainly look terrible for the arrogant warmongers of Washington. It sure would be a jubilant victory for masses of hateful primitives in the mid-East. No, the day of reckoning has come. I propose: For the first time in the history of the world a remarkable revolutionary concept: a sincere plea for forgiveness, an apologetic proclamation that will forever alter human conflict. We the people of the United States will stand up united and apologize to all the world for allowing ourselves to be misguided into this travesty of a war. We will proclaim our determination to reform our elective process and to allow only sincere dedicated leadership in the future. We will pledge to reign in capitalist expansion. We will disassemble the pentagon and distribute its armaments evenly among the states for safekeeping. We will offer our forces to the pursuit of reconstruction. Our redemption as a progressive democracy is the one and only good that could ever come from this horrendous history lesson. Surely, between the common peace loving peoples of our countries, a sincere apology would be tearfully embraced. Wrenching tears for all of history will flow from every corner of humanity. This is the only hope for our misguided world and truly the only alternative that is viable in coming times. We are a crowded little planet of vying interests and limited resources. The time has come to cooperate as a whole toward global priorities. Human rights and democracy will follow as we evolve in our peaceful co-existence. Territorial conflict and greed for resources is no longer an option for our times or for anyone’s survival in a possible future.