I believe that everyone should have the right to be themselves

Sarah - Clermont, Florida

These days the world is filled with everyone else’s beliefs others people’s theories and opinions. Everywhere you look someone’s thoughts are being shoved into your head. People are very persuasive and passionate about changing your views. I believe that everyone has the right to be themselves.

Everywhere you look the thought of you as a human being isn’t enough. In the public eye, through commercials, billboards and magazine ad’s you are being judged as not being pretty enough, not smart enough and not perfect enough for living just the way god made you, but who has the right to judge. No one is perfect.

Professional careers that have anything to do with your physical appearance in my opinion are immoral. They are demeaning according to race, gender even age. If you don’t fit this perfect image and have everything on key you are not only being rejected, but the way you perceive yourself has been judged.

Your own self image is the way you view yourself. When that view is being challenged by the ideas and thoughts of others your own personal self esteem can be drained by others cruel words and expressions.

The world media isn’t encouraging your beauty within, it’s stating the person you could be. My question is why? Be who you want to be, is that a crime? No one can play the part as you better than yourself and having the right to be who you are without the poison of everyone else’s insecurity is a gift.