Reincarnation

Susan - Greenville, North Carolina

This I believe……… The word reincarnation can mean a lot of different things when it comes to religion and eve people. But the main idea or reincarnation is simple, after a person passes away their soul then put into another living being, whether that be a person, an animal or even an insect. Even since […]

Themes: afterlife, family

This I believe………

The word reincarnation can mean a lot of different things when it comes to religion and eve people. But the main idea or reincarnation is simple, after a person passes away their soul then put into another living being, whether that be a person, an animal or even an insect. Even since I was a child, I can remember my mother telling me that my grandmother was reincarnated into a cardinal. I don’t really know exactly why my mom and all of my aunts believed that she was reincarnated into that specific bird, but they did, and I was always a little skeptical about the whole thing, but I went along with it. Now I am going to tell you about a time in my life when I went from being skeptical about reincarnation, to straight up believing in it.

It was the end of the summer and I was headed into my first year of middle school, I was nervous but excited at the same time. But what would happen in a the few days that approached the first day of school, would change my feelings of excitement to anguish. A day or two before school was about to start, my family went through a terrible tragedy. My brother, Justin age 16, had committed suicide. I will never forget the days that followed for the rest of my life. Family and friends came and went over the following weeks, they did everything that they could to help console us. But in all honesty the only thing that would heal this wound would be time. On the day of Justin’s funeral, my mom noticed something, our house was being over by ladybugs. Considering the time of year, we knew this was something totally out of the norm. And I remember as we left for the church my mom telling us that the ladybugs were Justin and that he was here with us.

The months past and we would see ladybugs every now and then, but nothing was as weird and bizarre as what I am about to tell you. On Valentines Day, Justin’s birthday, in the dead of winter in Washington D.C., our house then again became infected by ladybugs! Of course we did not mind because we all knew that it was Justin looking out for us. Every year after that first year, we would get ladybugs all year around but the times where we would have the most would be the anniversary of his death and his birthday. To this day I still believe that my brother’s soul is at rest within ladybugs. I know all of this might sound crazy but believing in this gives me a piece of mind about my brothers and allows me to feel connected to him every time I see a ladybug.