I Believe in Good

Rebecca - Indianapolis, Indiana

I believe in good.

I believe in good mornings when you bound out of bed ready for the day and good afternoons when there is time for a nap to refresh the body and mind. And good evenings spent with a good book or good friends and good food. And with those good friends come the good times that make good memories.

I believe in a good laugh that is so insupressible that it brings tears and gasping for breath. I believe in a good cry that can clear your head like a thunderstorm clears out the polution of the day. I believe that both are good for your soul.

I believe in good nights that are studded by the moon and stars and a planet or two and maybe fireworks or a meteor shower. And good sleep that is restful prepares you for another good morning.

I believe in good will and good deeds and the inherent goodness in people and the ability we each possess to be good to each other in ways that surprise both the giver and the receiver. I believe in the good that is generous, selfless, well-intentioned and often spontaneous.

I believe in saving some things just for good like good shoes, good clothes, good china, good crystal, good silver and good linens. The things that you bring out whenever you need to feel good or you want to make others feel good.

I believe in doing a good job and I want everyone to do a good job.

I believe in good choices and that not everyone knows how to make them. I believe in good sense that enables us to make good choices. I believe in good role models who teach us by example about good sense and good choices.

I believe in good movies. I believe that the best movies are old movies and that the best actors are almost all gone.

I believe in good books. Books that are so good you must keep them to re-read. Books that are so good that the pages fly by or that must be read slowly so as not to miss anything.

I believe in good food that is good for you and tastes good like good bread and good soup. I believe in a good meal and that Thanksgiving dinner is the best meal of the year.

I believe that we choose to be good or not, but that we all have good within us. I believe that we each choose to have a good day or not the minute our feet hit the floor in the morning. I believe we can turn a bad day into a good one by doing something good for someone else. I believe that doing good is harder than not doing it, but that good character is built by doing the hard things and doing them well.

I believe that good always wins in the end.

I believe that life is good.

I believe in good.