I believe in stepping stones

ashley - des moines, Iowa

I believe in stepping stones

As I was growing up I remember I used to have this small creel back behind out house that just sat off the country road, I always used to go there when I needed time to be alone, or whenever I would go there I would just sit in the grass and throw rocks into the water or my favorite was jumping across the creek using the large rocks. As I continued to grow older I used this secret place more often, whether or not it was because I was having a bad day, a fight with the parents or friends or even just needed time to be alone and relax. This place was my time to just be. It helped me keep my sane most days and forget about the past. I believe in taking the time to just be you, to forget about the crazy day or the future stress you have going on in your life. Taking one day at a time is over used but never taken seriously.

You never know what may happen to you, or a friend or a family member. I believe in taking one day at a time, just to take in the things you have going on around you. People’s lives are so busy these days that they don’t take time for themselves. A bubble bath, a run through the park or even crossing the stepping stones behind your house is taking the time for yourself and to be just you, whether or not its an hour or even just five minutes. So find your creek that sits behind the house and take time to notice the beauty in things, I still do ten years later half an hour away. I believe in taking nothing for granted, I believe in stepping stones.