The Greatest thing ever!

Blake - centerville, Iowa

I believe family is the greatest thing ever. Without family life would almost be pointless. I believe my family acts as the driving force behind everything I do. They praise the good things I do and they keep me in check when I screw up.

It wasn’t until my freshmen year of college that I truly realized how much my family means to me. I always thought I would be fine with out them and boy was I wrong. When I moved out of my parent’s house I finally realized how much they support me. I’m not talking about financially either.

I had reached a point in my life where I need guidance from those around me. It was my parents who got me through everything. I believe if it weren’t for my parents I wouldn’t be here today. They showed me what I needed to do to get past the funk I was in, but that’s not the only reason I believe in family.

When I think back to the happiest moments in my life, I can’t help but realize most of them are with my family. No matter the circumstances I know that things with them are always going to be a good time.

I have listed a few reasons why I believe in family but none of them compare to my next reason. I believe in family because they are honest. No matter the circumstances my family is always brutally honest with me. If I screwed up, they are going to let me know about it. If my new hair cut looks dumb, they are going to let me know about it.

After thinking about it, I don’t know if one can really express their love for family. I know I have just listed a few short paragraphs but none of them truly do justice. In the world today it’s hard to believe in some things but I know I will always believe in family.