I Believe In Dying

Andy - Carroll, Iowa

As I awake in the morning I approach each day as if it were my last. Each day I look up and wonder if loved ones, friends, and neighbor’s are ok. If they’re as safe as I am during my time of thought and prayer. My strongest prayer each and everyday is the prayer of life. “Please Lord, give my family and friends the safety to live this day to their fullest, please help them to be alright, please!” I repeat this prayer more than any other, because I am not sure what I would do if I lost my mom tomorrow, or even today. I wouldn’t know what to think, I would be as lost as anything.

My dad is currently in the in the St. Anthony Regional hospital, my dad has recently been very stressed over his recent breakup. He was heavily into drinking and through that became lost in his stress. He placed his own self in the hospital a week after my sister and I had left for college. Until recently I had no knowledge of my father’s health being at risk. This put a strong reminder on how important it is to keep a strong relationship with your parents even when you’re away. The strongest way would be by taking time out of each day to just give them a short call telling them how much you love them and how much you miss them. I know that when I do this it helps my mom a lot, takes a lot of stress off her day knowing that I am alright. Now that my dad is in the hospital I have a lot of thoughts on what it would be like without him. I need to take more time out of my day to visit him when I am home. Take the time to talk to him, ask him if he needs anything, and be there for him when he needs me the most. You’re brought into this life by your parents; you owe them your gratitude. Life is giving to you by the lord, and your parents, we choose our paths and follow them according to God’s plan.

We really need to endure the time we have on earth, appreciate the time you have with the people around you. “Pay it forward,” or make sure your taking time to help others. I know the feeling of gladness is one of the most powerful things you can give or receive in life. Day to day life brings out happiness in people and sadness; the day of birth is one of the happiest times in a parent’s life. On the other hand though, when death happens people around that knew this individual as a loving and caring person are hurt, knowing this person took time out of his or her day to bring these people gladness. While I’m on this earth I will believe in doing my part in bringing gladness to others, taking time to make that phone call, or that one step difference in another’s day. “Please lord, help others live their lives to the fullest, by making differences in others day to day gladness!”